qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Justin <Justin.Scad...@gd-ais.com>
Subject RE: 2 Client Question: Multiple Receivers & Aborting fetch()
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2014 16:21:11 GMT
In the specific instance I was explaining, I ended up being able to solve the problem through
the use of subject filtering. However, I can give an example of where I'm not sure that is
possible:

I have 2 applications:
                A "controller", which monitors the status of other applications and issues
commands to them.
                A "generic application", which performs some functionality, and receives some
commands from the controller. There can be many instances of this application running at any
one time and the number of them is not known at development or configuration time (i.e. it
is dynamic).

I want to be able to use a queue (since I do not want to run the risk of missing messages),
but I also want all of the instances of 'generic application' to receive a command from the
controller.

I see a couple options here:

1.       There is some way to configure a queue to do this, but I'm just not aware of it.
I doubt this is true, but it can't hurt to ask the community.

2.       There is some way to configure a topic so that there is no chance of missing a message.

3.       I have to handle this at the application level. Such as creative use of the subject
field and multiple copies of the command being sent.

Thanks!