qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Piesk <a.pi...@gmx.net>
Subject Patch implementing SO_KEEPALIVE on sockets
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2014 19:48:33 GMT
Hello list,

we had some problems with qpid-0.14 (i know, it's ancient -:): lots of
orphaned connections (open on qpid-server but not on the client side)
due firewalls, i guess.

To mitigate the problem i wrote a patch for qpid-cpp implementing a new
option --tcp-keepalive (similar to --tcp-nodelay) which sets
SO_KEEPALIVE. Enabling keep_alive "solved" our issue but i'm not sure
what to do with the patch because it's for an old version and needs some
rewriting for the current version of qpid.
Unfortunately i'm unable to adapt it to the current version for various
reasons:

- i'm no developer, i barely scratch my itches
- lack of time

So i simply post the patch here, maybe someone else has plans to add
keepalive in trunk and maybe the patch helps.

Regards,
-ap