qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Goulish <mgoul...@redhat.com>
Subject one million addresses
Date Fri, 02 May 2014 23:59:51 GMT

I just had a successful test of the dispatch router
handling one million unique addresses.

There were 3 boxes, one for senders, one for receivers,
and one in the middle for a single router.

I had 20 senders, each sending to 50,000 unique addresses.
These were qpid-messaging based.  On the other
side I had 2000 receivers, each listening to 500
unique addresses.  Only 1 message went to each
address.  As each receiver got all 500 of its messages,
it would quit.

The router achieved throughput of 5780 messages per
second, at 330% CPU usage.

This was the first-ever test of the dispatch router
at anything near this scale.