qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: JIRA Change
Date Mon, 12 May 2014 12:27:39 GMT
On 05/12/2014 12:47 PM, Andrew MacBean wrote:
> While raising a JIRA this morning to highlight an issue I found with one of
> our tests I noticed that I can no longer assign JIRAs? This meant that
> after I had attached the patch for review I couldn't assign it to a
> developer to review and commit.
>
> Rob kindly informed me that this is probably because of a recent change to
> bring us in-line with this so it is not unexpected:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/Role+Based+JIRA+Authorization

Form the history of that page it looks like we have been operating under
the common policy for some time, but that there was a recent change to
explicitly remove the ability for a contributor to reassign issues.

I'm not sure why that is. On the face of it it seems odd to me. We could
perhaps ask for clarification from infra if it is a real concern to us.

> What should the process be in future if I want to raise an issue and submit
> a patch for review/commit? I have always just asked a committer to review
> it by assigning it to them? Should I just email the list in future?

Another option perhaps is to use reviewboard and explicitly add the
individual you think should deal with to the reviewers.