qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Goulish <mgoul...@redhat.com>
Subject dispatch router handles 100,000 addresses
Date Thu, 01 May 2014 01:09:42 GMT

I just had a successful test in which a single dispatch router
handled 100,000 unique addresses.

The router was running on its own box.  On a separate box, I
started 100 receiving clients ( proton messenger based ) each
receiving  1000 unique addresses.  A single sending client
( qpid-messaging based ) sent the 100,000 messages to the
router -- 1 to each address.

All the receivers got their expected 1000 messages each,
and retired happy.

I tried to scale up to 1,000,000 addresses.  The router seemed
OK with that, but my client-box melted down to slag so now I'm
a little shy to scale up further...

I need a bigger computer...