qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: qpid cpp pub/sub
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2014 16:46:01 GMT
On 07/02/2014 05:29 PM, Quynh Duong wrote:
> Hi Gordon,
> Thanks for the prompt reply, I would like to further clarify my problem.
> I am currently running the QPID JMS client and QPID CPP API against JBOSS A-MQ 6.1 on
AMQP 1.0 protocol. I am still having trouble initiating a 1pub/2sub model where the pub is
java and the sub is c++. I have tried different address options however I am still unable
to emulate AMQP "private queue bound to exchange" approach to pub/sub.

Ok, in that case you need to modify the address so A-MQ knows that it is
a 'topic'. Instead of using "news" use "'topic://news'" in the c++ receiver.

> Also JBOSS A-MQ seems to not like subjects, since every time I add "/<subject>"
to the address, the sub application will fail to receive messages.

The core AMQP 1.0 specification doesn't defined any standard filters,
which is what is needed over 1.0 to do subject filtering. There are some
extensions registered under the Apache namespace which is what the c++
client uses for subject matching. However these are not supported by A-MQ.

(You could use a selector to do filtering instead if needed. There is
another extension registered for a JMS-style selector which you can use
with the qpid::messaging client and I believe A-MQ supports that filter.)