qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Potential qpid cpp 0.28 bug
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2014 08:20:20 GMT
On 07/04/2014 08:05 AM, Duong Quynh (FSU1.Z8.IP) wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Today while coding a simple sender on qpid cpp 0.28 I encountered a
> problem where the program will not quit after completing its task. I
> am building using g++ 4.8.3, boost 1.49.0, proton 0.70 to name a
> few. I put the program through gdb and it seems to jump around
> infitely after the std::cout << "2" << endl; line.

Not sure what you mean by that... do you mean that the subsequent call,
i.e. session.close() does not return?

The most likely reason for that is around the settlement of messages. If
you can enable some more detailed logging it should be able to spot the
issue. E.g. QPID_LOG_ENABLE=trace+:Protocol

> My current guess
> is Sender class has issues since the receiver I wrote would quit
> gracefully.

The session.close() will wait for all sent messages to be settled before
closing. I suspect that is where it is blocked. The protocol trace
should help.