qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Potential qpid cpp 0.28 bug
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2014 08:37:47 GMT
On 07/09/2014 04:02 AM, Duong Quynh (FSU1.Z8.IP) wrote:
> This patch seems to have fixed the infinite hang,

Great, thanks for confirming that and for your patience as we identified
the issue!

> looks like it was indeed stuck in the detach because program would hang no matter whether
you call sender.close() or not.

The detach would only be called in response to sender.close(). However
the ending of the session would have caused something similar (that the
first patch fixes).

With this one I tend to think that proton itself may want a fix. BUt at
least we have a reasonable workaround for qpid::messaging in the meantime.

Thanks again for reporting the issue and working through it with us!