qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Duong Quynh (FSU1.Z8.IP)" <Quyn...@fsoft.com.vn>
Subject RE: Potential qpid cpp 0.28 bug
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2014 09:44:00 GMT
The pleasure is all mine. Cheers.

Quynh

-----Original Message-----
From: Gordon Sim [mailto:gsim@redhat.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2014 3:38 PM
To: dev@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: Potential qpid cpp 0.28 bug

On 07/09/2014 04:02 AM, Duong Quynh (FSU1.Z8.IP) wrote:
> This patch seems to have fixed the infinite hang,

Great, thanks for confirming that and for your patience as we identified the issue!

> looks like it was indeed stuck in the detach because program would hang no matter whether
you call sender.close() or not.

The detach would only be called in response to sender.close(). However the ending of the session
would have caused something similar (that the first patch fixes).

With this one I tend to think that proton itself may want a fix. BUt at least we have a reasonable
workaround for qpid::messaging in the meantime.

Thanks again for reporting the issue and working through it with us!