qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject C++: re-run cmake
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2014 14:44:15 GMT
After my commit below your build may fail complaining about missing
python include paths, libraries or symbols. I'm not sure why but you
need to re-run cmake after this fix to get your build working again.
Sorry about the inconvenience.

r1620424 | aconway | 2014-08-25 16:10:52 -0400 (Mon, 25 Aug 2014) | 13
lines

NO-JIRA: Work-around bug in older cmake, finds static python library
instead of shared.

FindPythonLibs on older versions of cmake (observed on
cmake-2.6.4-5.el5.4)
sometimes finds the static archive library (.a) before the shared object
library (.so) This is almost never what you want. Newer
versions (e.g. cmake-2.8.12.2-2.fc20.x86_64) explicitly look for the .so
first
and look for the .a library second.

This workaround fixes the problem as follows:
- It is a no-op except on Unix platforms that use the .so prefix.
- On those platforms it does a search for .so only first.
- Finally we do a default search for other platforms (or if .so was not
found)