qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: C++: re-run cmake
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2014 13:35:35 GMT
On Tue, 2014-08-26 at 10:44 -0400, Alan Conway wrote:
> After my commit below your build may fail complaining about missing
> python include paths, libraries or symbols. I'm not sure why but you
> need to re-run cmake after this fix to get your build working again.
> Sorry about the inconvenience.

Actually my earlier commit r1620424 completely broke the location of
python libraries, apologies for inflicting it on you all. Fixed it
today, you should not need to re run cmake or do any other magic
incantations, everything should Just Work. Please shout if you see any
further python-library related problems that might be my fault.

r1620888 | aconway | 2014-08-27 09:23:21 -0400 (Wed, 27 Aug 2014) | 13
lines

NO-JIRA: Work-around bug in older cmake, finds static python library
instead of shared.

FindPythonLibs on older versions of cmake (observed on
cmake-2.6.4-5.el5.4)
sometimes finds the static archive library (.a) before the shared object
library (.so) This is almost never what you want. Newer
versions (e.g. cmake-2.8.12.2-2.fc20.x86_64) explicitly look for the .so
first
and look for the .a library second.

This workaround fixes the problem as follows:
- It is a no-op except on Unix platforms that use the .so prefix.
- On those platforms it does a search for .so only first.
- Finally we do a default search for other platforms (or if .so was not
found)