qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1627444 - in /qpid/proton/trunk: proton-c/bindings/python/ proton-c/include/proton/ proton-c/src/engine/ proton-c/src/transport/ proton-j/src/main/java/org/apache/qpid/proton/engine/ proton-j/src/main/java/org/apache/qpid/proton/engine/imp...
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2014 15:29:18 GMT
On 09/26/2014 11:43 AM, Rafael Schloming wrote:
> I removed it because a previous commit had changed it to just return NULL.
> I figured it would be better to break things than to fail silently. If this
> is a problem I can add easily it back and convert what is held in the
> condition into the error, but using the condition would be preferrable as
> it can contain the full range of AMQP error information whereas the error
> will just have a string description.

I've checked in a change for qpid-cpp.

However the change in proton means that proton 0.8 will not be
compatible with the already released qpid-cpp 0.30. That will be an
issue for downstream packagers.

It's not acceptable to break qpid-cpp packages on an update, so that
would either prevent proton 0.8 packages being published or would
require the 0.30 qpid-cpp packages to be patched first in order to do so.

So it's probably in proton's interest to leave a deprecated symbol in
for backward compatibility as well.