qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: qpid amqp 1.0 jms vs Proton-j jms
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2014 12:59:59 GMT
Hi Cory,

There isnt a precise timeframe as yet for such a changeover. Work is
ongoing a new JMS client using the proton-j engine (but likely not the
'proton-jms' contrib artifact) for its underlying AMQP 1.0 protocol
implementation. Tim Bish and I are working to merge our existing pieces (as
outlined at
http://qpid.2158936.n2.nabble.com/Proton-based-AMQP-1-0-JMS-client-collaboration-tp7613273.html)
which should see progress make a step-change forward, but there is still a
good amount of work left to do.

I would expect the older client to be around until the new client is
suitably polished, and likely a bit beyond to give some overlap. Where to
concentrate on bug fixes and feature requests may ultimately depend on what
they are to a certain extent.

Robbie