qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Qpid question On High Priority messages
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2014 09:19:34 GMT
On 12/03/2014 06:25 PM, Nitin Shah wrote:
> Is there a way in qpid to send  message at the highest priority such
> that it can overtake current messages in transit. Perhaps there is a way
> to define a high priority queue? We do not want to have a high bandwidth
> for it, but messages should be able to take the highest priority.

I believe both c++ and java brokers support priority queues. For the c++
broker, the qpid.priorities setting is used to enable that. The value
specified is the number of distinct priority levels (up to 10) that are
recognised.

In qpid::messaging you have the Message::setPriority() method with which
to set the priority. Other APIs have something very similar.

Priority queues will deliver higher priority messages first.

(Note: this sort of question would really be better on the users list,
as that has a wider audience)