qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Nitin Shah <ns...@btisystems.com>
Subject RE: Qpid question On High Priority messages
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2014 16:03:27 GMT
Thank you. Will keep that in mind.

Nitin

-----Original Message-----
From: Gordon Sim [mailto:gsim@redhat.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2014 4:20 AM
To: dev@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: Qpid question On High Priority messages

On 12/03/2014 06:25 PM, Nitin Shah wrote:
> Is there a way in qpid to send  message at the highest priority such
> that it can overtake current messages in transit. Perhaps there is a
> way to define a high priority queue? We do not want to have a high
> bandwidth for it, but messages should be able to take the highest priority.

I believe both c++ and java brokers support priority queues. For the c++ broker, the qpid.priorities
setting is used to enable that. The value specified is the number of distinct priority levels
(up to 10) that are recognised.

In qpid::messaging you have the Message::setPriority() method with which to set the priority.
Other APIs have something very similar.

Priority queues will deliver higher priority messages first.

(Note: this sort of question would really be better on the users list, as that has a wider
audience)