qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Configuration for security (irrelevant musings)
Date Wed, 06 May 2015 15:31:12 GMT
On Wed, 2015-05-06 at 11:09 -0400, Andrew Stitcher wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-05-06 at 10:28 -0400, Alan Conway wrote:

> I agree with this restatement of your position 100% - user configurable
> settings are evil.

I like to think that user configurable settings are an admission of
failure by the developer. "I can't figure out what the code should do,
so I'll make the user tell me." Rarely does the developer stop to wonder
"If I, with access to all the code and run-time state of the program,
can't figure it out, how is the user going to?"