qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Flaper87 <flape...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Candidate python-qpid-proton 0.9.1 is available for testing at TestPyPi
Date Fri, 29 May 2015 13:52:45 GMT

> Hi Ken,
>
> -----Ken Giusti <kgiusti@redhat.com> wrote: -----
> > Thanks Dominic,
> >
> > Flavio sent me a patch to fix this, I've tested it and it looks good.
> >
> > I've pushed a new package up to the pypi testing site if you'd like
> > to give it a try:
> >
> > pip install --user -i https://testpypi.python.org/pypi
> > python-qpid-proton
> >

> Sorry for the slow response. Just got around to trying this now.
>
> The package is working well with pip --user now.
>
> A minor caveat (I wouldn't hold up the release for) is that the install of
> qpid-proton is left around with headers in ~/.local/include/ libraries in
> ~/.local/lib/ and samples (for all the bindings) in ~/.local/share/.
> These don't get included in a `pip uninstall`. It would be excellent if
> just
> the runtime libqpid-proton could be installed into the
> pythonX.X/site-packages/proton dir and then included in the uninstall

Yeah, this is a problem with the current version. Just today I started
working on a new version for this patch that instead of using cmake, it
relies on python itself for the building and install of the library. This
way we build just what we need and in a single place.

I just created this Jira with the patch:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-895

Thanks for the feedback,
Flavio

--