qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Dominic Evans <dominic.ev...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Candidate python-qpid-proton 0.9.1 is available for testing at TestPyPi
Date Fri, 29 May 2015 13:46:17 GMT
Hi Ken,

-----Ken Giusti <kgiusti@redhat.com> wrote: -----
> Thanks Dominic,
>
> Flavio sent me a patch to fix this, I've tested it and it looks good.
>
> I've pushed a new package up to the pypi testing site if you'd like
> to give it a try:
>
> pip install --user -i https://testpypi.python.org/pypi
> python-qpid-proton

Sorry for the slow response. Just got around to trying this now.

The package is working well with pip --user now.

A minor caveat (I wouldn't hold up the release for) is that the install of
qpid-proton is left around with headers in ~/.local/include/ libraries in
~/.local/lib/ and samples (for all the bindings) in ~/.local/share/.
These don't get included in a `pip uninstall`. It would be excellent if just
the runtime libqpid-proton could be installed into the
pythonX.X/site-packages/proton dir and then included in the uninstall

Unless stated otherwise above: