qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Broadstone <mbroa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Qpid packages for Ubuntu, was Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Qpid CPP 0.34
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2015 14:46:50 GMT
On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 9:26 AM, Ken Giusti <kgiusti@redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]
Hey,

I think you misunderstood what I was proposing. I don't think it's likely
that these packages are going to get into ubuntu/debian official repos any
time soon (afaict getting that to happen is basically a full time job! and
closed atm to boot). I was saying that RabbitMQ, for example, as part of
their release process runs a set of scripts that automatically generates
packages and updates their self-hosted PPA (I imagine RethinkDB is also
doing this).

If something like that were possible for QPID that would be fantastic, as
we might be able to script away the entire ordeal - thus reducing human
bandwidth requirements here. I suppose I was inquiring as to whether that's
something the project would be interested in (or even has the resources
for)?

Outside of that, I wrote a small guide in an issue of the debian packaging
repo for proton (see:
https://github.com/mcpierce/debian-qpid-proton/issues/4). Perhaps we could
work together with Darryl to put together a more complete release guide,
and begin to share the responsibility?

Cheers,
Matt