qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Broadstone <mbroa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Qpid packages for Ubuntu, was Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Qpid CPP 0.34
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2015 16:10:24 GMT
On Wednesday, July 1, 2015, Ken Giusti <kgiusti@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Matt,
>
> As you pointed out, and in case others are unaware,  Darryl Pierce has
> created a Personal Package Archive containing various QPID packages for
> ubuntu users:
>
> https://launchpad.net/~qpid
>
> However, I'm not sure of Darryl's availability for keeping this up to date
> - which explains why there hasn't been an update for 0.34.
>
> While I'm also a member of this PPA, I have no idea how to build packages
> for ubuntu :(
>
> If someone's willing to help out by building these packages - I can add
> them to the membership list.
>
> -K

Hi Ken,
I have incredibly limited experience with building these packages, but was
able to build (and update) Daryls packages previously. I gather that the
issue with timing for previous releases revolved around a Debian mentor?

 I'm not sure if this is feasible, but I've seen more successful Ubuntu
packaging efforts from e.g. rethinkdb and rabbitmq. In each of these cases
the project hosts the package repo themselves, affording them freedom to
release when they want, and (at least in rabbitmqs case) completely
automate the creation of the packages.

I would definitely love to have an in depth conversation about up to date
qpid packages, as we depend upon them.

Thoughts?

Matt