qpid-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Rob Godfrey (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Resolved] (QPID-6619) NPEs when creating consumers / queues
Date Sun, 26 Jul 2015 23:53:04 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-6619?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Rob Godfrey resolved QPID-6619.
-------------------------------
    Resolution: Fixed

Looks good to me

> NPEs when creating consumers / queues
> -------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: QPID-6619
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-6619
>             Project: Qpid
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Java Broker
>    Affects Versions: 0.30, 0.32
>            Reporter: Keith Wall
>            Assignee: Rob Godfrey
>            Priority: Critical
>             Fix For: 6.0 [Java]
>
>         Attachments: QPID-6619_0.32.patch
>
>
> http://qpid.2158936.n2.nabble.com/NPEs-when-creating-consumers-queues-td7627389.html
> I am testing using Java broker 0.32 with client 0.16, and have run into
> NPEs when I create consumers to queues in an initialization step to force
> the queues to be created. I'm not able to reproduce this reliably, and it's
> possible that this is triggered by some race condition, since we can have
> multiple threads trying to register consumers to these new queues at the
> same time. Any idea what is causing this? (We used to use the 0.16 broker
> with the same initialization and didn't run into this.)
> Stacktrace I've seen:
> {noformat}
> qpidbrkr`20150630085024.987`Exception processing command
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.server.queue.AbstractQueue.addConsumer(AbstractQueue.java:802)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.server.queue.AbstractQueue.addConsumer(AbstractQueue.java:100)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.server.protocol.v0_10.ServerSessionDelegate.messageSubscribe(ServerSessionDelegate.java:327)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.server.protocol.v0_10.ServerSessionDelegate.messageSubscribe(ServerSessionDelegate.java:82)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.transport.MessageSubscribe.dispatch(MessageSubscribe.java:110)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.transport.SessionDelegate.command(SessionDelegate.java:55)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.server.protocol.v0_10.ServerSessionDelegate.command(ServerSessionDelegate.java:99)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.server.protocol.v0_10.ServerSessionDelegate.command(ServerSessionDelegate.java:82)
>         at org.apache.qpid.transport.Method.delegate(Method.java:159)
>         at org.apache.qpid.transport.Session.received(Session.java:596)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.transport.Connection.dispatch(Connection.java:452)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.transport.ConnectionDelegate.handle(ConnectionDelegate.java:64)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.transport.ConnectionDelegate.handle(ConnectionDelegate.java:40)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.transport.MethodDelegate.messageSubscribe(MethodDelegate.java:131)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.transport.MessageSubscribe.dispatch(MessageSubscribe.java:110)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.transport.ConnectionDelegate.command(ConnectionDelegate.java:54)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.transport.ConnectionDelegate.command(ConnectionDelegate.java:40)
>         at org.apache.qpid.transport.Method.delegate(Method.java:159)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.transport.Connection.received(Connection.java:405)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.server.protocol.v0_10.ServerConnection.access$001(ServerConnection.java:64)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.server.protocol.v0_10.ServerConnection$1.run(ServerConnection.java:316)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.server.protocol.v0_10.ServerConnection$1.run(ServerConnection.java:312)
>         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>         at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:356)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.server.protocol.v0_10.ServerConnection.received(ServerConnection.java:311)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.server.protocol.v0_10.ServerConnection.received(ServerConnection.java:64)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.transport.network.Assembler.emit(Assembler.java:97)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.transport.network.Assembler.assemble(Assembler.java:198)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.transport.network.Assembler.frame(Assembler.java:131)
>         at org.apache.qpid.transport.network.Frame.delegate(Frame.java:128)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.transport.network.Assembler.received(Assembler.java:102)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.transport.network.Assembler.received(Assembler.java:44)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.transport.network.InputHandler.next(InputHandler.java:199)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.transport.network.InputHandler.received(InputHandler.java:114)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.server.protocol.v0_10.ProtocolEngine_0_10.received(ProtocolEngine_0_10.java:179)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.server.protocol.v0_10.ProtocolEngine_0_10.received(ProtocolEngine_0_10.java:43)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.server.protocol.MultiVersionProtocolEngine.received(MultiVersionProtocolEngine.java:153)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.server.protocol.MultiVersionProtocolEngine.received(MultiVersionProtocolEngine.java:51)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.transport.network.io.IoReceiver.run(IoReceiver.java:161)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
> {noformat}
> Another that I've seen that seems related:
> {noformat}
> qpidbrkr`20150630085024.954`Exception processing command
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.server.queue.AbstractQueue.getAvailableAttributes(AbstractQueue.java:635)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.server.protocol.v0_10.ServerSessionDelegate.queueQuery(ServerSessionDelegate.java:1533)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.server.protocol.v0_10.ServerSessionDelegate.queueQuery(ServerSessionDelegate.java:82)
>         at org.apache.qpid.transport.QueueQuery.dispatch(QueueQuery.java:87)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.transport.SessionDelegate.command(SessionDelegate.java:55)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.server.protocol.v0_10.ServerSessionDelegate.command(ServerSessionDelegate.java:99)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.server.protocol.v0_10.ServerSessionDelegate.command(ServerSessionDelegate.java:82)
>         at org.apache.qpid.transport.Method.delegate(Method.java:159)
>         at org.apache.qpid.transport.Session.received(Session.java:596)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.transport.Connection.dispatch(Connection.java:452)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.transport.ConnectionDelegate.handle(ConnectionDelegate.java:64)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.transport.ConnectionDelegate.handle(ConnectionDelegate.java:40)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.transport.MethodDelegate.queueQuery(MethodDelegate.java:215)
>         at org.apache.qpid.transport.QueueQuery.dispatch(QueueQuery.java:87)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.transport.ConnectionDelegate.command(ConnectionDelegate.java:54)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.transport.ConnectionDelegate.command(ConnectionDelegate.java:40)
>         at org.apache.qpid.transport.Method.delegate(Method.java:159)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.transport.Connection.received(Connection.java:405)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.server.protocol.v0_10.ServerConnection.access$001(ServerConnection.java:64)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.server.protocol.v0_10.ServerConnection$1.run(ServerConnection.java:316)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.server.protocol.v0_10.ServerConnection$1.run(ServerConnection.java:312)
>         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>         at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:356)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.server.protocol.v0_10.ServerConnection.received(ServerConnection.java:311)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.server.protocol.v0_10.ServerConnection.received(ServerConnection.java:64)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.transport.network.Assembler.emit(Assembler.java:97)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.transport.network.Assembler.assemble(Assembler.java:198)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.transport.network.Assembler.frame(Assembler.java:131)
>         at org.apache.qpid.transport.network.Frame.delegate(Frame.java:128)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.transport.network.Assembler.received(Assembler.java:102)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.transport.network.Assembler.received(Assembler.java:44)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.transport.network.InputHandler.next(InputHandler.java:199)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.transport.network.InputHandler.received(InputHandler.java:114)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.server.protocol.v0_10.ProtocolEngine_0_10.received(ProtocolEngine_0_10.java:179)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.server.protocol.v0_10.ProtocolEngine_0_10.received(ProtocolEngine_0_10.java:43)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.server.protocol.MultiVersionProtocolEngine.received(MultiVersionProtocolEngine.java:153)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.server.protocol.MultiVersionProtocolEngine.received(MultiVersionProtocolEngine.java:51)
>         at
> org.apache.qpid.transport.network.io.IoReceiver.run(IoReceiver.java:161)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
> {noformat}



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@qpid.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@qpid.apache.org


Mime
View raw message