qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Ross <justin.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Use semantic versioning for the qpid-cpp components
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2015 14:54:15 GMT
On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 12:29 PM, Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemmell@gmail.com>
wrote:

> However for me the first thing to decide is probably who will do the
> source tree reorg, and when, since we have really been at this point
> before and it didnt go anywhere in the end for these bits. It needs
> folks familiar with the bits in question to help do the move and
> ensure it goes smoothly, otherwise they could end up in their nice new
> tree (/repo eventually?) in a not-so-functional state.

I've taken a stab at this once, and collected some notes.  I moved the C++
broker related tools and qmf/console.py into the cpp tree and adjusted
cmake and the test environment scripts to pick them up.  I stopped short of
really proving it out, but I think a second attempt would find success.

I propose to start the process for a Qpid C++ release once we've completed
the next Proton release, targeting it about a month after.  Proton 0.12.0
is set for the end of January, and so I'd set Qpid C++ 1.35.0 for the end
of February.

IMO, we should make the jump to git at the same time, but it's not critical.

Justin