qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Buckley <and...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Proton-J get "first" field from disposition frame
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2015 18:24:04 GMT
Gotcha. That works, thanks!

Although it would seem to me that there is no harm in exposing the id/tag, just for reading.

-----Original Message-----
From: Robbie Gemmell [mailto:robbie.gemmell@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 3, 2015 5:16 PM
To: dev@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: Proton-J get "first" field from disposition frame

I haven't used the reactor bits, but I'd guess this is the same....when using the engine 'directly'
the Delivery object(s) updated and referred to by the delivery event(s) corresponds to the
the message(s) that the disposition acted upon, i.e the transport has already done the matching
for you, which I'd guess is one reason the API doesn't expose the deliveryId, coupled with
the delivery-tag being a more relevant marker for application use.

Robbie

On 4 November 2015 at 00:59, Andrew Buckley <andbuc@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the quick response!
> I'd like to match the response I get to a specific message that was sent. So if I'm sending
multiple messages, I'd like to be able to know which message a particular disposition frame
corresponds to. And, correct me if I'm wrong (perhaps I'm thinking about this wrong), right
now the only thing I'd be able to do is count how many dispositions come back. I'm able to
get the remote delivery state of the disposition, but that doesn't seem incredibly helpful
unless I can match it to a message.

> -Andrew

client receives after it sends a message. I'm using Proton-J and the Reactor. I can see that
the disposition frame comes in and that the "first" field matches the deliveryId and deliveryTag
of the sent message. The onDelivery callback fires and I'm able to get the Delivery, but it
seems as though at this point the only place the deliveryId exists is within a private TransportDelivery
object that cannot be accessed.