qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Buckley <and...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Proton-J get "first" field from disposition frame
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2015 00:59:26 GMT
Thanks for the quick response!
I'd like to match the response I get to a specific message that was sent. So if I'm sending
multiple messages, I'd like to be able to know which message a particular disposition frame
corresponds to. And, correct me if I'm wrong (perhaps I'm thinking about this wrong), right
now the only thing I'd be able to do is count how many dispositions come back. I'm able to
get the remote delivery state of the disposition, but that doesn't seem incredibly helpful
unless I can match it to a message.

-Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: Robbie Gemmell [mailto:robbie.gemmell@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 3, 2015 4:49 PM
To: dev@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: Proton-J get "first" field from disposition frame

Hi Andrew,

I happened to be looking in a related area earlier and believe you are correct, it is not
possible to access the deliveryId since the API doesnt expose that detail and it is only managed
internally by the
transport+session (along with the dispositions themselves). What it is
you need the deliveryId for?

Robbie

On 3 November 2015 at 23:10, Andrew Buckley <andbuc@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm attempting to get the delivery id or "first" field from a disposition that my client
receives after it sends a message. I'm using Proton-J and the Reactor. I can see that the
disposition frame comes in and that the "first" field matches the deliveryId and deliveryTag
of the sent message. The onDelivery callback fires and I'm able to get the Delivery, but it
seems as though at this point the only place the deliveryId exists is within a private TransportDelivery
object that cannot be accessed.