qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Buckley <and...@microsoft.com>
Subject Stopping Proton-J Reactor
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2015 18:30:19 GMT
Is there any guidance on how to forcibly stop the Reactor? I know that the run() method handles
processing of the events and stopping at the appropriate time when there is nothing left to
process, but what if I need to stop the reactor on my own? It doesn't seem safe to call stop()
whenever I want. Should I be waiting for the REACTOR_QUIESCED event and freeing the reactor
there, then waiting for the REACTOR_FINAL event to ensure that it is finished?  I've only
just recently gotten started using the Reactor so I'm not 100% sure on the correct way to
do this, or if it can/should be done.

Thanks,
Andrew