qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Lorenz Quack <quack.lor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Help] Debug qpid code
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2016 13:10:07 GMT
Hi,

If I understand correctly you try to set a break point in IntelliJ but
start the broker from the command line using the qpid-server script.
That won't work because IntelliJ won't know anything about the running
broker.

To use IntelliJ for debugging you need to start the program you want to
debug from within IntelliJ.
You can set this up in the "Run -> Edit Configurations..." menu.
Add a new Application and use the org.apache.qpid.server.Main class ad
"Main class".
in the VM options you should specify "-DQPID_HOME=... -DQPID_WORK=..."
(obviously replace the ... with paths on your machine)
The working directoy should be the base directory of the project (where
the top level pom.xml is located).
make sure to set "Use classpath of module" to "qpid-broker".
Also you need to set the JRE to at least 1.7.

That should get the broker started and you should be able to use the
IntelliJ debugger.

One more thing, if you want to use the Web management console you will
have to also specify dojo as a dependency for the "qpid-broker" module
in the "File -> Project Structure..." menu.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,
Lorenz