qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Python messaging test suite (qpid.tests.messaging) - running against the swigged CPP client
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2016 15:37:37 GMT
On Tue, 2016-04-05 at 10:36 +0100, Keith W wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It is possible to run the Python messaging test suite
> (qpid.tests.messaging) against the swigged CPP client?

My guess is "yes but you'll probably have to fix a few snags".

I got the HA tests running with both pure & swigged clients, check
out qpid/cpp/src/tests/ha_tests.py.  I think at the time I aspired to
push that back to more general tests (e.g. qpid.tests.messaging) and
never got to it. There are a couple of differences between the swig &
native client that affect HA in particular (search for "swig" in the HA
tests) where I had to force use of native client, but that's mostly
because I'm doing something unusual for the HA tests. The HA tests have
code for loading/detecting swig vs. native clients that can/should be
moved into a more general area of the test framework.

Good luck, shout if I can help with pointers.