qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Keith W <keith.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Python messaging test suite (qpid.tests.messaging) - running against the swigged CPP client
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2016 09:36:28 GMT
Hi all,

It is possible to run the Python messaging test suite
(qpid.tests.messaging) against the swigged CPP client?

I have looked at the code, and I think the answer is currently no.  I
see one test script (qpid/tests/messaging/message.py) that can use
either the pure python implementation or swigged client
(qpid_messaging) if QPID_USE_SWIG_CLIENT is set, but the remainder
seem to have a direct dependency on qpid.messaging.* (i.e. the pure
python impl).

I ask because I hope to interoperability test the Java Broker's AMQP
1.0 support with the Cpp client + Proton and the messaging tests
seemed at first glance to be an attractive option.

Does the Python messaging test suite have this ability? If not, is
there an alternative test suite?

btw. I am already building proton, cpp and am able to run the
qpid_tests.broker_1_0.* tests against the Java Broker's AMQP 1.0
implementation.

cheers Keith