qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Keith W <keith.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Detecting presence of AMQP-MANAGEMENT server capability from the Qpid JMS Client
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2016 18:45:09 GMT

Absolutely - this was actually my first thought.  My difficultly is
that the tests need to work with the older protocols AMQP-0-8..0-10
and older releases so I can't rely on a creating a producer against
$management explicitly failing.  This lead me to look at whether AMQP
Management could be somehow detected up front from the Connection
object itself as a simpler way.  There are workarounds I can take.

I can't help but feel though that there will be other occasions when
the application might wish to know about the peer's
offered-capabilities and possibly the peer's open properties too, for
instance, for bug avoidance.  I notice that Websphere MQ's
JmsConnectionMetaData [1] implements a java,util.Map in addition to
javax.jms.ConnectionMetaData.  I don't actually know how they use it
but it strikes me it might offer a reasonablly unobtrusive way to
expose capabilities (as one map entry "capabilities" => List) and
properties (as another "properties" => Map).

[1] http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSFKSJ_7.5.0/com.ibm.mq.javadoc.doc/WMQJMSClasses/com/ibm/msg/client/jms/JmsConnectionMetaData.html