qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Keith W <keith.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Detecting presence of AMQP-MANAGEMENT server capability from the Qpid JMS Client
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2016 15:39:45 GMT
Hi,

In QPID-7556, we intend to advertise the Qpid Broker for Java AMQP
Management ability with an AMQP 1.0 open performative
offered-capability [1] of 'AMQP-MANAGEMENT'.

As a user of the Qpid JMS Client, how do I detect that the server
offers this capability?

At the moment, from what I see of the public API, I don't have a way
to check for an arbitrary server offered-capabilities.
AmqpConnectionProperties cherry picks the capabilities that are
currently known/interesting but there is no way to check for an
arbitrary one.

AmqpConnectionProperties could be simply changed to detect the
AMQP-MANAGEMENT (isAmpqManagementSupported()), or it could offer an
API to the user could enquire on a particular capability.

My use case is test automation.  I need check whether I can use AMQP
Management so I may fallback back to an older management technique,
but, I believe the feature would have general utility.

cheers Keith.

[1] http://docs.oasis-open.org/amqp/core/v1.0/os/amqp-core-transport-v1.0-os.html#type-open