qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Detecting presence of AMQP-MANAGEMENT server capability from the Qpid JMS Client
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2016 17:13:23 GMT
Yes, there wont currently be a way to do this, thus far the
capabilities have only ever been used for things the client itself
acts upon. Also, for any extended behaviour present thus far we have
only used e.g vendor properties and such like within the existing API,
and have resisted adding additional APIs beyond those provided by JMS.
I'm not sure there is a facility we could use here for such things
though, one to think about.

For now, given you are presumably talking about the Qpid Java broker
here....can you simply try opening the link and have it fail if not
supported? I'd guess if you try to attach to the management address,
since it doesnt automatically create entities by default it would have
to refuse the link instead?

Robbie