Hi,

I have run some performance testing measuring the throughput for sending, receiving and also both in parallel. Please see the image I attached (sending).

I have measured with three different message sizes (1024, 10240 and 102400 bytes). I am using from 1 to 20 threads for sending and the weird behaviour occurs when sending 102400 bytes messages. You can clearly see from the image that when I use 1-10 threads it is too slow and then suddenly it became much faster.

The strange is that this was not just one test case, I run it multiple times.

The same testing I performed on different brokers, but only Java broker has this behaviour.

Is there anything I might be missing? Any misconfiguration? I already tried to play with JVM memory and it looks like it has some impact to it…  When I increased the memory it became faster since 3rd thread…

Please note I was using asynchronous sending + non persistent delivery mode.

Best Regards

Antonin Vyborny

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen.
Wenn Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Empfaenger sind, informieren Sie bitte
sofort den Absender und loeschen Sie diese E-Mail. Das unbefugte Kopieren
dieser E-Mail oder die unbefugte Weitergabe der enthaltenen Informationen
ist nicht gestattet.

The information contained in this message is confidential or protected by
law. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and
unauthorised distribution of the information contained herein is prohibited.

Legally required information for business correspondence/
Gesetzliche Pflichtangaben fuer Geschaeftskorrespondenz:
http://deutsche-boerse.com/letterhead