qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Support for Qpid cpp broker in java broker system tests
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2017 12:02:36 GMT
On 5 April 2017 at 10:02, Keith W <keith.wall@gmail.com> wrote:

> We are very much still aspiring to move the 'pure' JMS 1.1 to a
> separate module.  This will be a sibling of the new
> qpid-systests-jms_2.0 module.      We are currently working on
> QPID-7665 which will add the ability to write AMQP 1.0 protocol based
> system tests - with test cases drawn straight from the spec. This will
> give us the assurance that the AMQP 1.0 protocol layer is conforming
> to the spec.   I see this work as prerequisite for v7.

For these tests are you looking to make them broker neutral, or dependent
upon broker features (like AMQP management)?  It would be nice if the JMS
tests could abstract the set-up phase (creating necessary queues/topics)
from the execution phase, and enable some way of allowing alternative
methods for creation of queues/topics to be plugged in.

-- Rob