qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Oleksandr Rudyy <oru...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Support for Qpid cpp broker in java broker system tests
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2017 11:06:34 GMT
Hi Robbie,

I am sorry, I meant to send the email into users list but somehow managed
to sent it into dev :(.

Here are our current intentions regarding system tests:
 * for new system tests (whether it is AMQP 0.x or AMQP 1.0) we would like
to use AMQP management to create/change/delete pre-required entities on
broker
 * in short term we are not going to delete or refactor existing tests
 * in long term we would like to sort out our system tests and leave only
sensible tests there
 * it is unclear yet what we would be doing with JMS client tests, but,
IMHO, the system tests which are testing the client aspects only would need
to be moved into client source tree. Existing system tests are testing both
broker and client. Thus, it is difficult to separate them. We are not
planning any work in this area at the moment. The main development efforts
are concentrated on producing 7.0 release. The tests are changed on the
best effort basis: if there is an issue within the broker or tests itself
we try to fix it
* our main priority now is to make system tests running using AMQP 1.0
protocol without "boiling the ocean".

Regarding running tests against cpp broker: In my personal opinion we need
to have such tests in client source tree and broker source tree should only
contain java broker specific tests.

Kind Regards,
Alex