qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proton-J Reactor multiplexing
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2017 09:55:39 GMT
You would add any new links in a similar manner as you added previous
ones, and the event flow would be similar but multiplexed for the
different links based on what happens on the wire. The main concern
would probably be to ensure you do so using the reactor thread if you
are initiating this from a different thread, e.g by scheduling a
handler of onTimerTask on the reactor that then does the work, or
calling the reactor wakeup and having an onReactorQuiesced handler
somewhere able to pick up the new work.

In terms of authentication AMQP Connections are ordinarily
authenticated via SASL when created, and you can't re-authenticate an
existing connection. However, from your description and refrence to
Sessions, perhaps you are actually using CBS for a higher level
authentication in your use case? If so, I'm not sure if thats just a
case of putting the relevant tokens for your new links, in the manner
you did originally for any previous ones?

Questions like this are better suited to the users@ list.

Robbie

On 1 September 2017 at 21:17, Zoltan Varga
<zolvarga@microsoft.com.invalid> wrote:
> HI,
>
> I am from Microsoft IoT Device SDK team.
>
> We are using Proton-J in our Java SDK.  We want to implement multiplexing (transport
sharing between clients).
> I have questions about how can that be implemented using the Reactor model.
> Basically we need to add a pair of Links (sender  and receiver) to a current Session.
(Session is already authenticated)

>   *   How can we add  the new links to the current session?
>   *   What event flow expected after links are created and opened?
>   *   How we can re-authenticate for the new links? (currently when I want to add the
links I am getting "amqp:unathorized-access")