qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Qpid Broker J tools - mercury, qpidbench etc - anyone still using this code?
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2017 15:56:12 GMT
On 3 October 2017 at 16:36, Keith W <keith.wall@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Does anyone retain any interest in the code beneath qpid-broker-j/tools?

Not me.

> https://github.com/apache/qpid-broker-j/tree/master/tools
>
> There are a number of programs under there that appear to be receiving
> no active development and to the best my knowledge are unused.   The
> code has hard-coded dependencies on the internals of Qpid JMS AMQP 0-x
> which is rather pesky.

Agreed, so regardless of whether they are being used (which like you,
I don't beleive they are) they are probably in the wrong repo now
either way.

> The programs do not form part release.   The code is nothing to do
> with "qpid-tools" release artefact.

Not really important, but the "qpid-tools" bits were themselves
incorporated into the qpid-cpp release previously, given their close
relation.

> The items I see with main entry points which I believe are dead:
>
> org.apache.qpid.testkit.Sender
> org.apache.qpid.testkit.Receiver
> org.apache.qpid.tools.MercuryTestController
> org.apache.qpid.tools.MercuryConsumerController
> org.apache.qpid.tools.QpidBench
> org.apache.qpid.tools.QpidSend
> org.apache.qpid.tools.QpidReceiver
> org.apache.qpid.tools.TestLauncher
> org.apache.qpid.tools.JNDICheck
>
> Unless I hear back that any of these required, I intend to remove
> these and supporting classes on Friday 6th.

Sounds good.