qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Help request
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2020 18:50:30 GMT
On 15/04/2020 5:38 pm, Martín Tabak wrote:
> Hi community!
>
> I'm facing a disconnection issue using the Qpid python client v0.30.0 for
> jobs taking > 40 seconds.
>
> The issue is described on this thread:
> https://stackoverflow.com/q/60857609/597394
>
> And there's a MRE here: https://github.com/martintuk/qpid-python-mre.
>
> This is of extreme importance to the project I'm working now, so Id be
> really grateful if I could get some help to identify if it's due to a
> configuration issue or an actual bug on the library.

The reason it is not reconnecting is beacuse when you finally allow the
event loop to run again (after the sleep) it processes the connection
close. Reconnect at present for the python client is only triggered when
the transport under an active connection is lost.

Ideally there would be a way to indicate a list of connection error
conditions that would also trigger reconnect, but I don't see anything
there at present.

However, the biggest issue I think is that you are blocking the event
thread. A better approach would be to use separate threads for the event
loop and message processing and coordinate via a Queue or similar.