qpid-proton mailing list archives

From Sergey 'Jin' Bostandzhyan <...@mediatomb.cc>
Subject Receiver gets credentials of the sender in the message address
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2013 19:53:12 GMT
Hi,

I am new to proton/qpid, so I am not sure if I am doing this right or if
it is a general problem, maybe someone can point me into the right direction.

I was testing sending and receiving messages to the Azure service, I was
using the proton send and recv examples. It worked well, however there is
one issue. I am putting my message into the queue using:

send -a amqps://user:password@service

And reading the messages using:

recv amqps://anotheruser:anotherpassword@service

The problem is - the receiver gets the full address line in the incoming
message - and this contains the user and password of the sender. So basically,
the receiver gets full credentials of the sender along with the message.

I did not find another way to pass the login/pw, so my question is:

what is the correct way to set login/pw when sending a message? How can I
make sure that credentials are not passed to the receiver of the message?

Kind regards,
Jin