qpid-proton mailing list archives

From Rafael Schloming <...@alum.mit.edu>
Subject Re: message disposition question
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2013 18:26:45 GMT
That's a good question and now that you mention it nothing prevents it.
That was an intentional choice when the feature was added, and it wasn't a
problem at the time because we didn't have recv(-1). This meant that you
were always asking for an explicit amount and if you asked for more than
your window, you were (hopefully knowingly) asking for trouble. With
recv(-1), however, you are no longer explicitly controlling the credit
window so this could be a problem. One possibility might be to define
incoming/outgoing window sizes of -1 to allow for unlimited sizes.

--Rafael