qpid-proton mailing list archives

From Phil Harvey <p...@philharveyonline.com>
Subject Re: Proton status update 2013-05-10
Date Wed, 15 May 2013 08:51:36 GMT
   - *Keith and Phil have been intermittently continuing work on the
   Transport API refactoring*
(PROTON-225<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-225>)
   for Proton-J.
      - They have nearly finished the Java changes.
      - Corresponding changes will also need to be made to the JNI classes
      and their Swig file.
   - *Ken has been working on a demo based on Messenger*.
      - The goal is to build a simple RPC client/server that will operate
      over an unreliable mesh of dispatch-routers. The goal is to achieve
      "exactly once" message delivery using only the messenger api (at the
      clients), over an unreliable multi-hop mesh of amqp "routers".
      - To be clear - the routers offer no persistence, they merely forward
      the message and propagate back the delivery status (see
      qpid/extras/dispatch/router source code for all the gory details).
      - In doing this we hope to identify any weaknesses or missing
      features in the current api or documentation for messenger.
      - See the fortune directory in https://github.com/kgiusti/proton-tools

See
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/Proton+status+update+2013-05-10
.

Please shout if you want to add anything.

Phil