qpid-proton mailing list archives

From Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Anonymous Producers
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2014 13:06:55 GMT
You have the option of leaving the target of a producer link empty and
putting the destination in the "to" field of each message sent on the link.

-Ted

On 03/20/2014 11:36 PM, Clebert Suconic wrote:
> A common JMS feature is to have a Producer being anonymous and define the address only
when the message is sent.

> We do the same on HornetQ core API.. However from my first look on the Proton API I always
need to define the source and the target?

> Is there a way to define the destination per message sent?
>

> How do you handle this at the current qpid JMS Client? From what I understand on the
API it will then declare a new LINK when a new destination is set.. is that right?

> That means there are no anonymous links or a way to alter the target during the message
send? no such thing as deliver.send(message, *destination*)?