qpid-proton mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Quotes in the message body
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2014 18:01:47 GMT
Hello,
If you are using the recv client (which you look like you are using)
then I *think* that what you are seeing is an artefact of that using
pn_data_format, which generates a *formatted* response. I think that's
because recv is intended to be a fairly general test client - when I
sent a UUID to it the other day it displayed something like
UUID(<my-uuid>), so the quotes are an artefact of the rendering rather
than anything transmitted over the wire.

What you'd need to do is to have a client that did pn_data_get_string
rather than pn_data_format. One thing to bear in mind is that
pn_data_get_string returns a pn_bytes_t structure and not a char* string
it looks something like:

typedef struct {
   size_t size;
   char *start;
} pn_bytes_t;

The call you'd need to make would I think look like:

pn_bytes_t bytes = pn_data_get_string(body);

But you'd need to make sure that you then created your own char* style
null terminated string using the start and size stuff from bytes (likely
via malloc and memcpy).

So in short I think that it relates to the recv client and if you want
the unformatted string then you'd need to modify that to retrieve the
string directly.

I'm still finding my own feet with the messenger API if there's a better
approach then hopefully someone more authoritative will chip in.

HTH,
Frase