qpid-proton mailing list archives

From Rafael Schloming <...@alum.mit.edu>
Subject Re: Swig java bindings proton0.7
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2014 19:20:19 GMT
On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 2:50 PM, Jimmy Campbell <t-jicamp@microsoft.com>
wrote:

> All you have to do to replicate my problem is try to send a message to a
> queue hosted on the service bus. If you can get the message to send then
> you've done what I can't. I would like to give you an endpoint but that's
> out of my reach. I can try to ask someone about the logistics of creating a
> public endpoint for testing purposes.

Right now I'm stuck on this step. I tried to sign up for the free one month
trial in order to test it, but either I'm missing something, or the web
form seems to be broken on firefox and chrome. It won't let me get past the
signup page because it claims I need to enter a credit card number, however
there is no place to actually enter the number.

It would be great if you could ask about the possibility of getting
something set up for testing purposes. Even if it's not fully public,
something that qpid developers can have access to that would last more than
a month and not require a credit card would still be quite useful.

> In any case, here is the method I am using to send a message. I include
> bcpkix-jdk15on-1.47.jar and bcprov-jdk15on-1.47.jar as well as
> proton-j-0.7.jar in my buildpath.
>
>         public static void send() {
>                 String address = "amqps://XXXXX:XXXXX@[namespaceXXXX].
> windows.servicebus.net/[entityXXXX]";
>                 Messenger msgr = Proton.messenger();
>                 try{
>                         System.out.println("starting the messenger.");
>                         msgr.start();
>                         System.out.println("setting outgoing window.");
>                         msgr.setOutgoingWindow(1);
>                         System.out.println("creating a message.");
>                         Message msg = Proton.message();
>                         System.out.println("setting the message address to
> : "+address+".");
>                         msg.setAddress(address);
>                         UUID id = UUID.randomUUID();
>                         System.out.println("setting message id to:
> "+id+".");
>                         msg.setMessageId(id);
>                         System.out.println("setting the body to 'Hello
> world'.");
>                         msg.setBody(new AmqpValue("Hello world"));
>                         System.out.println("putting the message.");
>                         msgr.put(msg);
>                         System.out.println("getting outgoing tracker.");
>                         Tracker tracker = msgr.outgoingTracker();
>                         System.out.println("sending the message.");
>                         msgr.send();
>                         System.out.println("send status is
> "+msgr.getStatus(tracker)+".");
>                         System.out.println("stopping the messenger.");
>                         msgr.stop();
>                 }
>                 catch(Exception e) {
>                         e.printStackTrace();
>                 }
>         }// end method send
>
> I use the same code for the swig bindings and it works.

Did you get a stack trace or did it just hang?

You could try re-running with the PN_TRACE_FRM environment variable set to
1. That might give us a clue as to where the interop issue is.

--Rafael