qpid-proton mailing list archives

From Clebert Suconic <csuco...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: MessageImplde.decode(ByteBuffer)
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2014 15:13:42 GMT

On Jul 2, 2014, at 9:09 AM, Robbie Gemmell <rgemmell@redhat.com> wrote:

> I have applied the patch via PROTON-628, but with the original indentation restored to
actually make the change appear as simple as it really is.

> Robbie

(whatever method name that is)), and using the decode (byte[] ) would make me duplicate the
byte region.

> Would be ok if someone merged this simple commit on qpid-proton-j? It's a very simple
change... current code still works.

> https://github.com/clebertsuconic/qpid-proton/commit/2515b60ee69cb4d7ee240ff54d311cb8cf763f59
>

> You could make the method as part of the interface if you like.. but I would be happy
on casting MessageImpl for now.

Actually, wouldn't make sense to add this method to the interface as well? I'm being forced
to cast to MessageImpl to use this. I think it would make sense to have it on the interface
Message, but you could optionally add it to ProtonJMessage