qpid-proton mailing list archives

From Clebert Suconic <csuco...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Important!!! Please revert PROTON-597
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2014 18:55:25 GMT
Could you guys merge this commit?

https://github.com/clebertsuconic/qpid-proton/commit/744ee9ae731fd7180e35a1ed8f2ca56120649417

I'm really fiercely against static properties on this :P... even worse on requiring my users
who won't probably have a clue we are using AMQP underneath to have to set a property in order
to have things performing well.

On Jul 2, 2014, at 2:35 PM, Clebert Suconic <csuconic@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Jul 2, 2014, at 12:28 PM, Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemmell@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Discussed with Clebert on IRC. There is a threshold where it changes
>> behaviour and that was set too low, so it has now been raised significantly
>> such that most people continue seeing the prior behaviour and those who
>> want it can opt in with the property.
>

> I don't really want to force my users to set any properties on the VM for stuff I would
expect on my code. Any property should have a proper configuration so we can set it on the
Transport please!