qpid-proton mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Fixing the merge commit in the git repo?
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2014 19:44:42 GMT
On Fri, 2014-12-12 at 14:21 -0500, Clebert Suconic wrote:
> > ..
> > On the other hand I agree that merging from master just before merging
> > to master is irritating and pointless.
>
> The apache master can’t be rebased… Period!  Work as you wish in your topic branch,
your master or whatever you choose… but be careful when you upload to apache/master.. once
it’s there you can’t rollback.. unless you ask special privileges from Infra. If you ever
need a push -f for a mistake or something.. you will need Infra to do it.

I think you are misinterpreting what I said (not that it matters, but it
is Friday) - merging from master doesn't imply any sort of rebasing. In
some recent merges to master there is an immediately previous merge from
master to the topic branch, that is what is unnecessary - because you
only need to merge to your local master then push that.

Andrew