qpid-proton mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: 0.9 release schedule
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2015 20:00:05 GMT
On 03/02/2015 07:07 PM, Rafael Schloming wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'd like to propose spinning the first beta (or possibly just RC) for 0.9
> sometime next week. We've been using alphas to get some early eyes on some
> of the new APIs in this release. I think when Andrew's SASL work lands
> there will be no remaining work for 0.9 in the category of major API
> changes/improvements. That should hopefully put us in a position to quickly
> test and stabilize things and get 0.9 out the door.

The 0.9 release was originally scheduled for the end of 2014. We've had
three alphas already. To me, its already too late in the cycle for
'major API changes/improvements'.

As mentioned on the other thread, in my opinion it would be better to
land Andrew's work during 0.10 allowing for less rushed review,
evaluation and testing.