qpid-users mailing list archives

From Davide <davide.mio...@gmail.com>
Subject Proton C++ library not working on Visual Studio new project.
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2019 16:14:19 GMT
Hello,

I've been trying to have the Proton C++ library working, to no avail, and
(after 3 days) I have no clue where the problem might be.

My configuration:

	- Qpid proton 0.27.0
        - Windows 10 1703
	- Visual studio 2017 version 15.9.8
	- Swig 3.0.12
	- Cmake 3.13.4
	- Python 2.7.16

I go into the downloaded package directory, create a "build" directory,
navigate into it and launch:

 cmake .. -G "Visual Studio 15 2017" -DSWIG_EXECUTABLE="C:\Program
Files\swigwin-3.0.12\swig.exe"

Then, I load the ALL_BUILD solution in Visual Studio, select the
RelWithDebInfo configuration, x86, and build the solution.
I also build specifically the INSTALL project, which copies the proper
header, lib and dll files in a Proton directory, within Program Files (x86).

I create a new console project in Visual Studio, and replicate the
HelloWorld example code. I add the additional include directories,
additional dependencies and additional library directories for Proton in the
project's settings, along with a post-build step to copy the proton dlls in
the output directory.

The project compiles successfully, but when I run it I get an exception when
calling connect(conn_url_); on the container in the on_container_start
callback. The error message says: Vector<T> too long. Debugging the
application, I find that the conn_url_ I pass is correct, but as I step into
the connect function, the string becomes unintelligible, with a length set
in millions of characters. Could it be a different encoding?
Null-termination? Different C++ versions?

The corresponding example doesn't have this problem.

What am I doing wrong?