qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Dispatch Router prefetch
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2019 14:12:14 GMT
On 08/03/2019 12:59 pm, HADI Ali wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are actually using in our cluster multiple brokers and thus we need to define the
same address on multiple brokers.
> For this, we cannot use linkroutes as suggested, but we still need to have the correct
behavior of the TTL in our cluster.

> Is it an option to manage the TTL of the message at the level of the dispatch router
since we have all of the information needed in the message headers?

It doesn't do that at present, but it doesn't seem like an reasonable
enhancement to me.

> In Internet Protocol, ipv4 for example, the routers manage the TTL and discard any expired
messages.

> Or make it feasible to have the autolinks propagate the credit directly from consumers?

This isn't really possible when you have autolinks for same address to
multiple brokers. If the consumer gives 10 credits, how do you propagate
that to two brokers?  5 each? What if they don't both have 5 messages?
10 each? Then you are back to the situation where you have more credit
issued at source than the consumer has granted.