qpid-users mailing list archives

From HADI Ali <Ali.H...@murex.com>
Subject RE: Dispatch Router prefetch
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2019 12:59:31 GMT
Hello,

We are actually using in our cluster multiple brokers and thus we need to define the same
address on multiple brokers.
For this, we cannot use linkroutes as suggested, but we still need to have the correct behavior
of the TTL in our cluster.

Is it an option to manage the TTL of the message at the level of the dispatch router since
we have all of the information needed in the message headers?
In Internet Protocol, ipv4 for example, the routers manage the TTL and discard any expired
messages.

Or make it feasible to have the autolinks propagate the credit directly from consumers? Therefore
the dispatch router will only transit messages and the broker will handle the lifecycle of
the message.

Thank you,
Ali

-----Original Message-----
From: Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com>
Sent: mercredi 6 mars 2019 16:25
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: Dispatch Router prefetch

On 06/03/2019 1:20 pm, ali hadi wrote:
> We are using a cluster with one Dispatch Router version 1.5.0 and one
> Broker-J version 7.1.0 on which we created a queue with a TTL of 5 seconds .
>

> We are noticing that the dispatch is prefetching messages from the
> broker ( messages become in acquired state ) as soon as the consumer
> establishes a connection with the dispatch and before starting
> consuming. This is causing the messages to not be discarded after the
> TTL expires and the consumer receiving the expired message.
>

> We tried changing the linkCapacity on the level of the connector to 1
> which allowed us to prefetch one message only instead of the default 250.
>

> We are trying to find a way to remove completely the prefetch of the
> dispatch in order to have the correct behavior from the TTL with our
> cluster.
>
> Are there any flags or properties to be set in order for the dispatch
> to only fetch a message on consumer demand?

When using autolinks, the autolink for messages from the broker to the router will at present
be activate as soon as there is an active receiver for the messages, whether or not that receiver
has credit. In message routing the credit is not directly propagated from client to broker.

If you use a link route then credit would be propagated directly, i.e.
only when your client issues credit will the link between broker and router get credit (and
it will be the exact same amount).